Our readers are thirsty and our Buying Guide continues to fill up their grocery and cider lists. Let’s add more for them to try! For Volume 11 of Cidercraft out in April, we are seeking submissions for the following categories:
- New Zealand Ciders: ciders from New Zealand producers, must be available for sale in North America
- Sour Ciders: ciders made intentionally sour using non-standard/commercial yeasts and bacterial fermentation, including wild yeast, Brettanomyces, lactobacillus, “Sidra-inspired”
- Crab Apple Ciders: ciders made featuring crab apple, must be at least 50 percent crab apple
- With the exception of the New Zealand cider category, all ciders must be produced in the United States or Canada.
- Each submission must arrive with a completed and printed submission form (see attached or download here) to be entered into the blind tasting.
- No more than two ciders from the same producer may be submitted in one category.
- Please send two (2) bottles of each cider submitted.
- Submissions must be received at the address below by 2/5/2018 (February 5th) or they will not be tasted.
Attn: Erin James / Buying Guide
1333 N. Northlake Way, Ste E
Seattle, WA 98103
The Cidercraft Buying Guide features three categories/variations of ciders each issue, showcasing the results of each category from our blind tasting panel of cider judges.
If you have any additional questions regarding submissions you can reach out to our editor, Erin James, directly at email@example.com. Thank you!